It’s not really a secret that every bride dreams of looking her best on her wedding day. The search for the perfect make-up artist starts months in advance, and even though brides go through a tiresome process of scouting for the best look, there’s no guarantee that the end result will be a happy one. Infact, a lot of them end up going overboard with the make-up. The consequences? A face that looks too made-up with the real beauty hiding behind layers of foundation and horribly done eyes.
This is a shout out to all the brides! Remember, simplicity is the key and this applies to your make-up as well. Catherine, make-up artist, Sephora, shows us how to get the perfect day wear bridal look to go along with your pastels.
1) Before you start with your eye make-up, make sure that you use an eye-primer over your lids for a long lasting effect.
2) Use a brown eyeshadow and blend it across your eyelid in an upward and outward motion, into the crease of your eyelid.
3) Now, use a pink eyeshadow over the crease of your eyelid and give it a winged appearance. Your inner eye corners should be left as it is.
4) Now, trace the outer corners of your eyes with a black eyeshadow.
5) Apply golden shimmer to the remaining area. Once you are done, apply gold glitter over the golden area.
6) Now, trace your upper eyelid with a black eyeliner and give it a winged appearance.
7) Apply a highlighter to the area right below your eyebrows and then use a mascara to highlight your upper eyelashes.
8) Shape your eyebrow with a black eyebrow pencil. If you don’t have one, you can use eyebrow fillers.
9) Apply foundation on your face and blend it well. Then, contour your cheekbones to highlight them before you go in for the blush.
10) Apply red lipstick and then trace your lipline with a lipliner of the same shade or the one closest to it.